Matthew Leader Guide: Books of Faith
Throughout history Matthew’s gospel has played a prominent role in Christian worship and practice, and to this day it retains a central place in most people’s experiences of the New Testament and the Christian faith. Matthew’s gospel speaks well to church communities today, identifying the church as founded by Jesus (16:18) and issuing practical instructions for practicing community (18:1-35). Matthew envisions the church as made up of sinners and doubters who struggle with faith, temptation, and forgiveness, but ultimately reflect the ministry and presence of Jesus.
This 8-session course explores selected passages from Matthew.
1. The Birth of the Messiah (Matthew 1:18—2:12)
2. This Is My Son, the Beloved (Matthew 3:13—4:11)
3. You Are the Salt of the Earth (Matthew 5:1-16 [17-20], 21-48)
4. You of Little Faith (Matthew 14:13-36)
5. Who Do You Say That I Am? (Matthew 16:13—17:9 )
6. Where Two or Three Are Gathered in My Name (Matthew 18:1-22 [23-35])
7. My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me? (Matthew 27:32-56)
8. I Am with You Always (Matthew 28:1-10 [11-15], 16-20)
- This item is not returnable
- This product ships separately within 15 business days of placing your order