Beaming Books publishes high-quality children’s books that help kids thrive socially, emotionally, and spiritually.
Partners in fostering faith and church life
Augsburg Fortress develops engaging resources for Lutheran congregations
In our ministry as the publishing house of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, we create substantive and innovative materials to support the ministries of faith communities in communicating the good news of God's liberating grace.
To meet the evolving needs of Lutheran communities, we continually invest in the development of new ministry resources, seeking ongoing input from theologians, educators, church leaders, and church members.
In addition to the resources we develop, our website presents a wide array of resources from our publishing partners that are well suited to serve the needs of Lutheran faith communities.
Our resources help congregations to:
Prepare enlivening worship
- Evangelical Lutheran Worship features congregational resources, study and leadership materials, music resources, and gift ideas.
- Sundays and Seasons is a planning system (online and print) that provides everything needed to support lively worship ministry: liturgy, music, preaching, and visuals.
Proclaim the gospel with music
- Augsburg Music offers worship music for choirs and instruments (print and downloadable), hymnals, songbooks, and supplies.
- Prelude Music Planner is a collaborative online tool for browsing and buying music, building music plans, and managing music collections.
Enhance and nurture faith
- Book of Faith resources encourage and support Bible-based study and prayer.
- Colaborate and Here We Stand are multi-year Lutheran confirmation curricula, with resources for leaders and students.
- Catechisms and other learning enrichments for children and adults shed new light on Lutheran ways of life for modern times.
Partners with creative contributors
Many voices and richly diverse gifts make possible the quality and usefulness of the resources we develop. Are you interested in being considered as a creative partner with Augsburg Fortress? To learn more, view our submission guidelines.
Partners in the workplace
View current openings for Augsburg Fortress employment here.
Augsburg Fortress is a publishing unit of 1517 Media.
We are the publishing ministry of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
Augsburg Fortress is an imprint of 1517 Media. 1517 Media creates multimedia resources and distinctive books for Christian communities, higher-education learning and scholars, and the general reader. 1517 Media’s imprints include: Augsburg Fortress, Beaming Books, Broadleaf Books, Fortress Press, and Sparkhouse.
Broadleaf Books publishes books for general readers that nourish souls, ignite minds, and promote the common good.
Fortress Press publishes books that advance scholarship, learning, and the practice of ministry.
Sparkhouse develops multimedia curricula that deepen and enrich the life of Christian communities.