Confirmation: Engaging Lutheran Foundations and Practices
This book identifies the key issues and concerns of today's confirmation ministry planners and deepens the educators' commitment to teaching the Lutheran faith to people of all ages—especially adolescents—in a way that is Gospel and grace-centered.
New patterns have emerged in congregational practices of confirmation ministry, adolescent research has yielded new insights for teachers, several catechetical curricula have been published, and ecumenical conversations have progressed and demand attention. A new generation of teachers and leaders has arisen and is asking for an in-depth look at confirmation today. And here it is.
This book is alive alive with a vibrancy of excitement about ministry with youth and, above all, confirmation ministry. This is a book that is theoretical and practical, paying attention to the variety of contemporary practices in congregations and yet holding a solid continuity with the past heritage of the church. It answers questions such as:
- What's happening in congregational confirmation ministry today?
- Why do we have confirmation?
- What is it?
- How might we think about confirmation ministry in our own congregation?
- This item is not returnable
- This product ships separately within 12-15 days of placing your order