Ministry and the American Legal System: A Guide for Clergy, Lay Workers, and Congregations
Written for persons who are not lawyers, accountants, or quasi-legal specialists, this book offers congregations and religious professionals practical insight, while avoiding mere listings of rules and lengthy discussions of cases.
- Part One provides an overview of the history, structure, and functioning of American law and its legal system, as these pertain to congregations, religious organizations, and professionals.
- Part Two details various areas of law, such as torts, contracts, real estate transactions, employment, copyrights, and taxations, that have direct bearing on congregational life and ministerial practice.
- Part Three focuses on "risk management": ways that congregations and religious organizations and professionals can improve their functioning and minimize their exposure to legal difficulties.
- This item is not returnable
- This product ships separately within 12-15 days of placing your order