Baptism: A User's Guide
To see baptism as merely a ceremony greatly limits the meanings of Christian baptism, says Martin Marty, in this practical and inspirational new look at baptism. Martin Luther recommended that believers should begin and end their day reminding themselves of their baptism and then go to work joyfully or to sleep cheerfully.
Baptism, says Marty, is at the heart of the everyday, life-long spiritual journey as he explores such questions as:
- How did early Christians understand and practice baptism?
- What difference does baptism make in our daily life?
- How does baptism manifest itself in our relationships, our choices, our faith?
With great insight and wisdom, author Martin E. Marty brings us both the history of baptism and a useful guide to its application for everyday life. The book includes questions for reflection and discussion.
- This item is not returnable
- This product ships separately within 15 business days of placing your order