The Peoples' Bible: New Revised Standard Version, with the Apocrypha
The Peoples' Bible highlights the role of cultures in shaping the Bible and the way people read the Bible today. Relying on the best insights of historical-critical, liberationist, postmodern, and postcolonial interpretation the contributors include the editors of the volume plus Kosuke Koyama, Randall C. Bailey, Fernando F. Segovia, Elsa Tamez, Clarice Martin, Hee An Choi, Gale A. Yee, Daniel L. Smith-Christopher, and many more.
This Bible is unique in its aim to engage culture then and now and includes the following unique features:
- Introductory essays highlighting profound issues of culture, ethnicity, and identity.
- Feature boxes that reveal insights from African American, Asian American, Latino, and Native American perspectives.
- Sixteen-page gallery of culturally diverse four-color art.
- This item is no longer available
- Errata: Page 1666
- Errata: Pages 117-123
- Errata: Pages 1655-1656
- Gallery Spread
- Genesis Spread Pages 134-135
- How to Use The Peoples' Bible
- Introduction to Pentateuch
- Maps Spread
- Reconciliation Article
- Table of Contents
- Volume Editor Biographies
- ISBN 9780806656250
- Format Hardcover
- Publication Date Oct 21, 2008