This collection of fifteen psalms provides abundant opportunity for involvement for young people in the singing of psalms. In many of the compositions, the choir of children takes the leadership in teaching a refrain to the congregation, a cantor or a choir giving expression to the verses, or a choir singing the psalm as a choral offering. The composers for the collection have enhanced the psalm verses around a variety of styles adding handbells, Orff instruments, non-pitched instruments, and even a cello.
Psalms that are included in this collection are:
- 1 Happy are those
- 8 O Lord our Lord, how exalted is your name
- 23 The Lord is my shepherd
- 25 Show me your ways, O Lord
- 32 Happy are they
- 34 Taste and see
- 46 God is our refuge and strength
- 51 Have mercy on me, O God
- 80 Hear, O Shepherd of Israel
- 98 Sing to the Lord a new song
- 116 I will walk in the presence of the Lord
- 121 I will lift up my eyes to the hills
- 146 Hallelujah! Praise the Lord
Other companion volumes in the ChildrenSing series include ChildrenSing in Worship, Children Sing with Instruments, Children Sing: Seven Anthems for Elementary Age Singers, and Young Children Sing.
- In stock
Celebrate the church year with unison and 2-part anthems for young voices in a creative and economical format.
This group contains 13 items. View entire group